Moving to California?

How do I register my nonresident vehicle in California that was last registered in another state or country?

You will need to:

Commercial vehicles, including pickup trucks, may also require a weight certificate.

Existing law imposes a use tax on a vehicle purchased outside of California and brought into California within 90 days of purchase.

Smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or vehicles 1975 and older.

For More information Click Here